Sunday 9 June 2013

Why Perita Reperta?

Perita Reperta is the name of a series of publications I have produced over the last few years. The phrase is Latin for "lost and found" (kind of); it's also a little poem in itself, with all that alliteration and assonance. Slightly more information about Perita Reperta the print publication can be found on the website.

I decided to start a blog for the usual reasons: to articulate my thoughts via non-scholarly means and to have a record of sorts of those thoughts. I am also about to move to Philadelphia to start a PhD at Penn and I imagine that, as a student in a new city (i.e. without the work commitments and social accretions that take up most of my time in Melbourne), I will have more room for this sort of thing. If anyone reads it, all the better.

I decided to call the blog Perita Reperta mainly because I was too lazy to come up with a new name. And I do really like that name. I also imagine that this blog will not be altogether unrelated to the other projects that have taken the name. There is a unity to my concerns that Perita Reperta encompasses. "Reflections on art and life" would be an accurate description of Perita Reperta, but this is far too cheesy; it's so nauseatingly bad that it couldn't even be used ironically. But anyone who knows me can tell you that such reflection is exactly what I am all about.

Melbourne, 9 June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment